Wednesday 8 October 2014

Piface Internet radio

I decided my old model A pi would make a great Internet radio.  Needing something quick I dug out my pifacecad board a wifi dongle and after following this guide http://www.piface.org.uk/products/piface_control_and_display/ soon had it up and running.  Whilst the touchscreen one I made last week could control the volume, this one you have to rely on the volume buttons on the speaker but certainly uses less amps than the touchscreen version.


My next task is to get the ir remote working with it and look into being able to play other streams apart from the .pls which it seems to be the only version I can get to work on it at the moment.

It works using player so I might have to look at running mpd and mpc on it and hopefully this will give more info on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment would love to hear your ideas.